Friday, July 8, 2011

Food.....and Haystacks

I do love food. Maybe that's why the majority of things I blog about over here (opposed to my deal blog) are food related.

Today I have venison chops thawed in the fridge so I am going to crust them with cocoa and chili powder and grill them.

I was thinking of doing a pork roast because I forgot about the chops so I am going to make pineapple mango salsa today to put with the pork roast that I will slow cook tomorrow.

I am also going to make homemade salsa(if I have enough tomatoes) for haystacks on Sunday. haystacks - food, not actual hay. They are really super easy!!!

Cook hamburger and rice per their instructions (separate, not together).
Grate cheese - cheddar is best.
Dice onions and tomatoes (separate)
Chop lettuce.
Crush Nacho Doritos (or the generic equivalent)
Grab some salsa

Ok, so you can layer it anyway you like but here is what I do on individual plates so if someone doesn't want onions they don't have to have them.

A spoonful of beef, a sprinkle of cheese, a layer of rice, a sprinkle of cheese, lettuce tomatoes, onion, salsa and a generous sprinkle of salsa.

I have to thank the Mennonite church for 1 thing. This is a meal we "learned" shortly after my family joined it from a family we were friends with.

No comments:

Post a Comment