Saturday, October 8, 2011

In Our World today....

Kieran hates Rohanna's hair cut and doesn't fail to tell her this about once an hour. Apparently it is too short and she looks awful - she looks like a boy. *Giggle* Boys look awful?? Ok, BOY!

Kieran's vendetta continues - Me: Everyone clean up the boys' room. Kieran: Rohanna, I don't like you. Me: Why? Kieran: She always makes our room a mess.
Oh yes, I forgot, he doesn't play with toys OR sleep on the floor, which means his blanket and pillows are on the floor rather then his perfectly fine bed. It's all her fault.

Stopped at the bank. Kieran AGAIN: "Mom, tell her(bank teller at window) I said hi." Eann chimes in: "Me too." As I tell bank teller HIM "hi" from my children I want to hide in mortification. He looks at me like I am insane. Oh, that's right I AM!!!! By the way, as I was saying "hi from my children" Rohanna pipes up "For candy." Yup, see? There was a motive behind their friendly behavior. Can't you see their brains are working? "If we say 'hi' they cannot possibly miss the fact that there are children in the car and realize that they need to add some lollipops to the envelope. Maybe one of these days I will put a note in with the slip asking for dog bones instead of lollipops. See what happens then.

Before I got a mile down the road today that little red brake light popped on and started dinging at me. SERIOUSLY???!!!! WHAT NOW??? Oops, Dave forgot to add brake fluid when he changed caliper #1 yesterday. I was on the way to pick up caliper #2. Turned around, came home, found brake fluid and felt like a hero. I really did know where it goes lol. Look around, any macho guys watching? Look at me, I am THE WOMAN! I can fix cars!! :-D

Get home, call Dave, inform him that I picked up the caliper. "So, you gonna change it today?" I laughed, "How did you know I actually thought about trying it for about 5 seconds??!!!" He really wouldn't be surprised to come home to the car jacked up and missing a tire. I would most likely get half way through and not be sure if I had it quite right. I am tempted to try it just to prove that being assistant on a few too many of these jobs HAS taught me something.

Finally, in our world today, I am making tiramisu, tomato sauce, canning salsa, making bread, homemade potato soup for dinner, biscuits for dinner AND the freezer, and some yummy breakfast food for tomorrow. Maybe some apple muffins for the freezer too?? I think the caliper will wait.

1 comment:

  1. You are like superwoman, and I laughed at the image of your car jacked up and you doing major repairs! I laugh because I have been known to just fix stuff myself from time to time. When I was 16 I took the whole steering column apart on my Mustang to replace the electronic box that made the indicators work. you know, the thingamajig! Sometimes we impress ourselves. There were no macho guys around to see me in my automotive repair glory either! As for all of your baking and food accomplishments...I cannot relate at all, lol. I cannot cook to save my life.

    ReplyDelete