Friday, August 19, 2011

It's a Plan

My life is so much easier when I actually plan my meals out. Plus we eat so much better. No "throw it together" half meals. With school starting in just over a week I really need to get my act together. This is the first year we are "structured" homeschooling. Don't get me wrong, Eann is fully educated and on track for his age. Anyway, this is about food not school.

I am making THE PLAN. Maybe it will give you some ideas for dinner this coming week.

Saturday: Chili and cornbread
Sunday: grilled chicken, cabbage/broccoli, and mashed potatoes
Monday: halupki and porcupine meatballs (I will post a recipe after I make them slow cooker style)
Tuesday: slow cooker pork chops, rice, mushroom soup and broccoli
Wednesday: veggie stirfry
Thursday: pasta and sauce - I have a ladies' night
Friday: not sure - company is coming

Next I need to print my menu with a list of what meats need to be pulled and thawed in the fridge on what days. That way it actually happens. What do you do to stay on track with meals during the week?

2 comments:

  1. this is such a good idea! I find myself so much more stressed when I dont have a plan in place. Like today, lol. I kind of got into cleaning a little more heavy duty than I had planned and so here it is 3pm and the kids will be home and starving in about 40 minutes and I dont have any meat taken out for anything. It might be a fishsticks and fries kind of night, lol. But the days I plan just seem to come together so much easier! I have a whiteboard and the family all discusses what we want for the next week. I make sure we have the ingredients and we just plan it all out like that. I glance at the board each night while cleaning up from dinner and if I need to bring something out of the freezer for the next day I do it then, otherwise I forget the next morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...And the other half of my white board is going to the kitchen. GREAT idea!!! (I bought a 4 X 8 white board material at Lowes the other day and it didn't fit in the car.....quite....and snapped.

    ReplyDelete