Friday, June 10, 2011

Keeping My Head Above Water

I don't know about you but some days I feel like I can barely keep my head above water. Actually, scratch that. Some weeks is more like it. Between housecleaning for other people, homeschooling, deal finding, parenting, being a wife, only having one car to be 2 different places in, church, and trying to provide healthy meals, I struggle. Oh yeah, add cleaning my house, eating right, and exercise to that.

Some days I feel like it is a never ending struggle just to see straight ahead let alone look at what is going on in the world around me, and in my friends' and family's life.

I cut my housecleaning down 2 jobs thinking that at least I get one more day every other week but don't you know, there is always something else that creeps in. My husband finally got the promotion we have been waiting(and working hard) for. This is great and honestly, such an answer to prayers. It has been a long hard two years. The only problem is that it is 25 miles away. No traffic, it is a 45 minute to 1 hour commute. Between now and then, a couple of weeks from now, I need to get schedules figured out and get in the routine of them. There isn't much room for error. I will either be home without a car for 12 hours or have the car and be an hour away all day. I admit, my life is daunting enough right now. Adding that makes me exhausted and yes, makes me cry. On top of it, Dave will be gone many more hours, so will be able to help me out with the house and yard much less. We already don't have enough hours in the day!!!

I know, have faith. I do. I know it will work out. It's just a mountain that I have to tackle, something to pray about, and motivation for me to get in gear and MOVE.

Look at the bright side. At least I have 9 months to get my house packed up for yet another HOUSE move.

Until next time, 1 stroke at a time. You know, if I just keep swimming I will eventually get to the edge, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment