Monday, March 21, 2011

Apple Scones

It's been a while but I pulled out (ok, found it in my browser's favorites list) a super easy apple scone recipe. I figured after subjecting the kids to lemon ginger ones last time I would make something they actually like. Here is the link to the recipe.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/apple-scones/Detail.aspx

I add 1/2 cup more flour to mine then they call for. I also mix the cinnamon right into the dough. I would add more then 1 apple. 1 just isn't enough. Maybe 1.5 would be good because I believe I tried 2 before and it was too much. I do not recommend using a butter spread as it mixes into a stickier dough and isn't knead-able. I haven't tried stick margarine so I don't know what results you would have with that. Real butter is so much better for a scone anyway.

Instead of making large circles I drop it by spoonfuls on a greased/sprayed pan. It makes approximately 10 3 inch scones this way.

Last but least I do not brush milk and sugar over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment