Friday, March 4, 2011

Re-arranging Furniture

I generally re-arrange the furniture on my own. No big new thing. It is just easier to do it on my own when I "have a vision" of where things can go or will fit.It is also much easier because if Dave is home he wants to try this or that, or isn't sure ho it will look my way. Well, it never fails, if I just do it then he loves it.

It started with the fact that we don't have tv service so I can actually put my tv where I want to - not dependent on where there are holes in the floors for the cables. Next was the fact that with wood floors, toys, papers, junk all accumulate under the couches. If I am going to move the furniture to clean I may as well keep moving it to its new spot.

All great and fine until I was moving the buffet, well, really an long dresser. We have 2 entertainment centers - in our basement. Neither were big enough to hold the tv we were given from my sister who had gotten it from our aunt. The dresser wasn't being used so I covered it with a cloth and had a new entertainment center.

Well, to move it I needed to lift it just slightly to get it over the edge of the carpet. OOPS!!! I lifted it just a bit too high. The 44/48 inch OLD tv slid forward, tipping the dresser. I know that it would do better justice for you to see video of what happens next but I don't have that, thank God!!!

Thankfully the couch and a small chair were in front of it. The tv slid cockeyed so it was leaning against the couch and propped above the chair. The dresser was tipped forward with a bit of the tv still on it. If I moved the tv the dresser would fall - on my feet. If I moved the dresser the tv would fall - on my feet. Neither sounded great!!!

I had Eann grab another small chair and we slid it under the tv to prop it up a little better. Then, while holding on to the tv, I flipped the dresser back up- hollered for Eann to bring a kitchen chair and held onto that tv for dear life. The little chairs weren't doing a great job. We slid the chair under the tv and pulled it up onto it but the tv was too big to set on it well enough. Eann grabbed another chair and I lifted the front of the tv so we could slide the other chair under it.

Then we inched the chairs around the room as I needed get them out of the way to re-arrange the living room. Move couch a few inches, move tv on chairs a few inches. Repeat.

Lesson learned, don't move the dresser with the tv on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment