Friday, October 29, 2010

Review: Beautiful Creatures

I was chosen to review the CD 'Beautiful Creatures'. This is a CD of kids' music. The main appeal is to a toddler to 1rst or 2nd grader. You aren't going to hear the same old "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" or "Row, Row Your Boat". I mean, how many CD's do you need to buy and be stuck with a million versions of those songs?

Instead, this CD will take you on an adventure with the sounds and flavor of South Africa. The musicians are from Johannesburg, South Africa, and the music is so authentic. It takes me to a place 10 years ago when Davide and I went to South Africa - the music, the voices. It is like being there in person. I can see big smiles on the childrens' faces as I listen to them sing. This CD has songs about African animals and my favorite, an African Lullaby. They also have 6 other CD's,more music about animals, a CD called "Beautiful Me" that deals with emotional things kids go through, a CD of lullabies, a CD about sea animals and conservation, and one about bedtime routines.

I was chosen to review Beautiful Creatures. Here is my review. There is so much more I could say about this CD but really, Do I want to completely spoil the experience for you as you get to explore it yourself?

Check them out on I-Tunes, . And while you may find it entirely too silly, I bet your kids will love it. My five year old who is incredibly picky about his entertainment absolutely loves it.

They are also on Facebook - "Beautiful Creatures". Let them know I sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment