Saturday, May 8, 2010

Food

Well, I am doing a little better. It hasn't been a month between posts this time.

I LOVE to cook. Now if only we didn't have to clean up afterward.

Last night Dave and I were up until 11 making homemade pasta. Amazing how many hours it takes to make it and how fast it disappears.

Today I made meatballs. THE.BEST.MEATBALLS.I.HAVE.EVER.MADE. EVER! I usually eat one and the first bite is yummy but after that I couldn't care less. Not today. These meatballs were melt in your mouth yummy. Hopefully the batch I made for someone else turned out as good.

It made me think though. Will I ever be able to make them that good again? That's the bad thing about not following a recipe. I throw in a little of this, a little of that and there you go. I can somewhat recreate it but never completely. Was that 3 mushrooms or 6? Two garlic cloves or 3? How BIG were the garlic cloves? *Sigh*.

Will I ever have the best meatball EVER, ever again? I hope so. I really need to start jotting down what I put in as I add it. After the meal I need to make comments on the same paper, then tweak it every time I make it until it is just right.

I say that every time. Think I learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment