Monday, January 23, 2012

Daddy's Bringing me a Tambourine (and More)

R. informed me today that daddy is bringing her a tambourine. Let me tell you, I was hoping his flight was landing so I could let him that under no circumstances is he to bring her a tambourine. Our house is loud enough without a tambourine. K. translated for me and said "She means a souvenir".

Speaking of K. and souvenirs, I went to Chinatown with my brother the other day. K. wanted me to bring a souvenir back for him. I asked what on earth I would bring back as a souvenir. His reply? You could bring me a mug with Chinese on it. How does a 6 year old know that a mug is the most cliche souvenir possible?! He was so serious. So sorry son. I brought you rice noodles from Chinatown and cheese and cherries from Italian Market. I hope you live. For the record, he loves food. It worked.

Anyway, back to today. As soon as they saw Dave's flight had landed via flight tracker, that amazing thing. K. said, "Oh good. Now he's coming home." E. said, "Um no. He just got there. You want souvenirs?" Of course K. and R. answered "yes". "Well, you're going to have to wait a few days for him to come home then." "Ok". They will gladly endure daddy being gone a few days to get souvenirs. Me? I am just wondering how I am going to survive.

I did get the car up our icy drive all by myself. We've had to park it at the bottom since the snow came. Go me! Haha. I know I am a good source of entertainment for the Mexican guys at the mushroom farm. Oh well, some one has got to keep it fun, right?

Here's how it goes -
Shovel out ice
Reverse van
Gun van up and around curve into driveway
Slide around
Pray I don't end up in the little gully on the side of the drive
Come to a sliding halt halfway up
Get out
Shovel more ice
Repeat steps 1-7
At this point, dump truck, including the same dump truck driver, I hit almost a year ago, hops out of his truck and asks if I can't get OUT of driveway. Ok, guess he missed the show. He also states tha tnext time maybe they can bring a "tractor" up to scrape some of the ice off. For the record, the "tractor" is a big scoop dozer whose bucket goes 1.5 stories in the air and can "plow" a driveway under 1.5 ft. of snow in a minute. They helped us last year. He's my hero.
Repeat steps 1-6
Hop out of car and feel like "THE woman!"

So where's my coffee? And when is my husband going to be home?

No comments:

Post a Comment