Friday, December 31, 2010

Easy New Year's Menu

I didn't really have a complete plan in place for tonight. Well, not until this evening anyway. Obviously there was the pre-requisite:

Cheese and crackers +hummus because I love it
Tortilla Chips and salsa
Chips and Dip
Li'l smokies in BBQ sauce - I stick them in a small crock pot earlier in the day with
1/2 bottle BBQ sauce, 2 Tablespoons grape jelly, and a
generous sprinkle of my favorite spice, chili powder.

Then today I decided on:

Open face tacos - deep fry won ton wrappers then put your choice of toppings. I am
using ground chicken, salsa, guacamole, sour cream and pepper jack
Chicken parm snackers - Ritz cracker with a piece of chicken, dab of sauce and
cheese on top. You can use anything but I am using parmesan.
Heat in the oven 'til the cheese is melted.
Snicker doodle cheese cake dip - thanks TSG for the mix. I just added it to cream
but I am going to figure out a recipe for next time.
Bacon Dijon dip - 1 cup mayo, 1/4 cup dijon, 1-3 teaspoons horseradish, and 1/4 cup
bacon bits (I fried my own up. So much better. Mix and chill.
**I have sourdough pretzel pieces to go with those.
Chocolate pudding cups - put wonton wrappers in a mini muffin pan, spray with PAM
and bake on 375 for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned.
When cool spoon chocolate pudding in and shave chocolate
over top.
Triple+ chocolate cupcakes - Betty Crocker cake mix made up into cupcakes. When cool
cut the middle top out, put some pudding in, a dash of
Hot fudge or Hershey's syrup. Put the top back on and
frost with chocolate frosting, and grate a little
chocolate on top.

Approximately 2 hours of my time and not that bad on the budget.

Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment